Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Introducing 'WSPN'

After many months of absence, I'm sure our loyal and passionate readers and followers, all two of them - yes COsportsfan1290, I refer to both you and I - have wondered what I have preoccupied myself with. Well, my friends, or should I say friend, these past days have found me contemplating and organizing a grassroots uprising aimed at bringing some much-needed justice to the world of sports.

Interestingly, I may note, though you wouldn't have recognized, the significance of the phrase, "WORLD of sports". Yes, ladies and gentlemen, blasphemous and revolutionary as I may seem upon mentioning this, there are actually sporting events that happen beyond the boundaries of the eastern coast of the United States! Now take a second, step away from your computer, take some deep breaths, and count backward from ten. Process what you just read. That's right, us western folk partake in sport as well, and many a time our sports deserve some recognition and attention. That's certainly reasonable, right?

Well, apparently not if you're sports media conglomerate ESPN (by the way, if you were always one of those people who wondered what the acronym stood for, "E" is for "Eastern"). In case you're one of the people craving for more daily sports info than the latest word Brett Favre has spoken or the last pitch or injury Joba Chamberlain has experienced, I prescribe WSPN, proven by leading sports psychologists (no, not Scott Boras or Drew Rosenhaus) to bring sporting enlightenment to fans and supporters. So, if you're curious to discover baseball teams other than the Yankees and the Red Sox (or maybe if you'd rather hear more about the team Ramirez is on...wait, ESPN, which team is that? No, they're not from Brooklyn...than Manny's personal stats), or eager to learn about college conferences other than the SEC, WSPN is your place.

In that spirit, welcome. No, the "W" in WSPN doesn't stand for "welcome". I'll let you figure that one out.

No comments: